[BCAB] Inexpensive conferencing service

Mobeen Iqbal mobeeniqbal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:13:16 BST 2016

Hi jackie.

The way team talk works is you both connect to a server and the conversation happens in real time as you would with skype. The problem people have is some have never used team talk before and are sometimes hesitant to do so. People seem to have heard of skype more. The program does indeed have a built in record function and its easy enough to access via the menus. If you can find a central server to use, you will be fine. If not, you can install the server on your machine, forward the port through your router then ask people to connect to you. If you would like a hand or demo, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to test it out with you. I wonder if it would run on a raspberry pi? If it does, you could buy a server as a 1 off and allow people to connect to you.

Cheers,

Mo.