[BCAB] first inaccessible chip/pin machines now out there.

Colin Phelan Colin_Phelan at pmlgroup.com
Thu Aug 11 10:34:50 BST 2016

Just what we need - not!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of goshawk on horseback
Sent: 11 August 2016 10:29
To: access-uk at freelists.org; BCAB Discussion List <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>; nfbuk at yahoogroups.com; vi-genaccess at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BCAB] first inaccessible chip/pin machines now out there.

hello all,
well, last night when I was out, came across an inaccessible chip & pin machine, really not good news!
it was a touch screen version, had no buttons, and no speech, so completely unusable for a blind person.
as someone who virtually all of the time relies on being able to pay by card whilst out places, I really hope these are not going to start being the norm.

Simon