[BCAB] first inaccessible chip/pin machines now out there.

Richard Godfrey-McKay lists.godfrey-mckay at virginmedia.com
Thu Aug 11 16:30:42 BST 2016

Paul, I agree.

I think it's important to ascertain exactly what the inaccessibility issue
is.

The arrival of contactless cards and payment devices means that it's
possible to authorise a payment of under £30 by holding a contactless card
over the screen of some payment devices.

I don't find that these machines are any more inaccessible than those which
they replaced, to the extent that they don't speak, so you take on trust
that you're authorising the amount which the vendor has entered on the
device.

It would be interesting to hear from Terry or others exactly what the
problem is with the new devices.

If there is an accessibility problem which precludes or restricts our access
to use payment card machines, then it seems to me that this is an equalities
issue which should be pretty easy to sort out.

Richard
Richard Godfrey-McKay
Telephone: 01738-445 880