[BCAB] first inaccessible chip/pin machines now out there.

goshawk on horseback goshawk_on_horseback at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 01:13:09 BST 2016

nice one! if possible, I like it.

Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Green" <ergreen1981 at gmail.com>
To: "BCAB Discussion List" <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [BCAB] first inaccessible chip/pin machines now out there.

Hi Richard/all,

My interim solution would be to get the retailer to split the transaction
into sub-£30 payments so that I can pay with contactless.  Clearly this is
going to work better in a restaurant-type setting where transactions aren't
too high than it is in PC World, when I suspect your card issuer may detect
something funny going on.

The advantage of this idea is that it will really inconvenience the
retailer, which I suspect would yield action more quickly and effectively
than trading standards.

Cheers,

Ed