[BCAB] Urgent Help Required - Communication Aid

Roger Woolgrove rawoolgrove at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:01:54 BST 2016

Hi,

I have no experience in dealing with such problems in a technical manner
but I might be able to put something together dependant upon the
response to the following questions:
Can your wife press specific buttons on a keyboard such as left control,
space and right control when desired without pressing either of the
other keys?
If no to the above then would there be a combination of keys that could
be used to be pressed on their own and if so, what these would be.
Can your wife access a mouse, not the pointer but the left and right
buttons?
I maybe able to put together a simple program using java in which one
key would click through the alphabet and the other key would select,
much like typing albeit slowly. 2 control keys and space to cursor left
and right and space bar to select. Alternatively one mouse button to
click through the alphabet and the other to select.
If either solution would suffice and your wife has access to a machine
that can be or is installed with java then this might prove to be a work
around until a better solution can be reached.
Hope to hear back soon and wishing your wife, Sarah and yourself well
with your situation.

Roger