[BCAB] Fwd: Using JAWS Screen reader

Ruth Gillespie ruthgillespie25 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:51:35 BST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: leigh.towers at hmrc.gsi.gov.uk
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 07:30:19 +0000
Subject: Using JAWS Screen reader
To: ruthgillespie25 at gmail.com

** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL **

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email requesting the above form in an alternative format.

HMRC interactive forms are not yet compatible with any smartphones or
tablets. Please use a computer to complete the form.

This facility is designed for users of assistive technology only.
Assistive technology improves the functional capabilities of people
with disabilities e.g. large print forms, braille, audio format.

As your query does not relate to assistive technology, please follow
this link to find the correct contact details for the department you
require:

https://www.gov.uk/contact

Kind regards

Online Service Syndication Team

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and
may be subject to legal professional privilege. Unless you are the
intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorised
to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message
or any part of it. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately.

HM Revenue & Customs computer systems will be monitored and
communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective
operation of the system and for lawful purposes.

The Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs are not liable for any
personal views of the sender.

This e-mail may have been intercepted and its information altered.

This is the reply I received from HMRC when I asked for a form in a
format suitable for a screen reader. I thought the subject line never
mind the body of the email plainly suggested that I was using
assistive technology.