[BCAB] Santander online banking

Colin Phelan Colin_Phelan at pmlgroup.com
Wed Aug 17 19:57:36 BST 2016

Thanks Phil, I'll give it a go
Bes Regards
Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Agent Orange via Bcab
Sent: 17 August 2016 19:06
To: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
Cc: Agent Orange <agentorange at talktalk.net>
Subject: Re: [BCAB] Santander online banking

Colin,

Setting up the phrase was accessible.  Setting up the image was accessible to a point.  As I recall, you are asked to select one 'memorable' image from a raft of possible images, spread across a number of categories.  Each image is labelled with the name of the category and a number.  You select one image only.

You just need to make a note of how your chosen image is labelled when you choose it, as that is the label your screen reader will read out to you when the image is presented to you at log on.

The idea is that when you log on, the website displays your chosen image (labelled as described) and phrase.  All you need to do is read them to check that you are logging into the genuine Santander website, and not a spoof site designed to harvest your security credentials.

On the whole the Santander site is fairly accessible, although I have two gripes.  The list of documents speaks in Spanish (if you are using JAWS), so you will need to turn language detection off, or use NVDA.  And secondly, the Retailer Offers are completely inaccessible. Apart from that though, it is really quite good with a screen reader.

HTH

Phil