[BCAB] Talking TVs again

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:43:54 BST 2016

Hi ,

Further to John's very helpful email, I've been trying to do some researches into which TV I might get.

As far as I can make out, Samsung do not produce a 32 inch TV in any of the series that have voice guidance included.  It certainly isn't available on the K5600, the only 32 inch TV I've been able to examine.  Mind you, as a series 5 TV I would have been surprised if it were following John's email.

Panasonic seems a bit more promising.  There's the TX-32CS510B, which fits John's syntax for a tV that should have voice guidance.  I also discovered the TX-32DS500B which doesn't quite fit the syntax but which is cheaper.

On the off chance, I tweeted Panasonic Service UK to ask if either of these TVs have voice guidance, and included a link to the Panasonic website explaining what voice guidance was in case they weren't aware.  They replied to say that both TVs have.  I'm not sure if this means that voice guidance is also available on models with DS in the number or whether this is an exception.  They may of course have misinformed me, but hopefully not.

Cheers,

Ed