[BCAB] C# / .net / Powershell development with Visual Studio

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Oct 10 12:01:25 BST 2016

Hi,

When I was learning both of these I was spending a lot of time on CBTNuggets.  It is an online video but I found the videos very good with just voice.  There are examples to download though as well.

The learning curve between the two systems is going to be quite steep though because you are moving from a packaged system to a completely open ended development environment where you will be writing the web application.  I am pretty much involved with the same type of migration, and none of the people working on the new code are Oracle Forms developers because it is a different skill in my opinion.

When dealing with PowerShell, I had an electronic book which I got through iBooks called a Month of PowerShell lunches.  If you do a Google for it you will get the current edition.

In terms of the test environment, I don't have much experience with writing test scripts, though I have written a framework to get automated testing to run as part of a build pipeline.

Thanks.
Andrew.