[BCAB] OneDrive

Adrian Picton adrian.picton at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 21:26:18 BST 2016

Hi Ed,

I don't think that would work since the OneDrive links are very long paths.

Another annoying thing is that on Outlook 2016 when you bring up the option
to attach a file to a message you get a list of recent files and you have to
select "Browse this PC" to get the normal open file dialogue. Well within
the list of recent files it will show you the most recently accessed ones
first, such as one you have just saved in Word. However, if the file is on
OneDrive it will appear twice in this list and you can't tell the difference
between the PC and the OneDrive one from this list. If you then hit Enter on
the wrong one it shows in the attachments list as the long OneDrive link
which includes onedr.ms and anyone receiving it would have to access it on
the web instead of as a file which can be saved or opened from the E-mail.
If you attach the wrong file you have to delete it from attachments and try
again. As there is no way to tell the difference between the two files
before you attach them it is better to select the "Browse" option and find
the file from there.

Cheers,

Ade.