[BCAB] rnib in your pocket

Derek Hornby derek.hornby_uk at btopenworld.com
Tue Dec 5 16:25:24 GMT 2017

Steve says

"Yes, but that was a little bit different.  You were trying to ask for
a preference of your own in formatting."

No I was not asking for  a preference, I was asking for easy
And reliable, access to my bank statement.
What's  wrong with that?

Think of those that use chip and signature.
Are they doing that  as a preference?

Some people seem to  assume, that because they can manage
Access a service, all can manage.

I don't  use a hearing aid,  but that's not a preference issue.

I  have stopped usinga guide dog, and that's  not a
Preference issue.

So when it comes to  reading braille, it’s not a preference
Issue as regards  how I read braille, on paper.

I  had two  letters today,  in braille, on paper.
One lette had braille on both sides,  the other on
One side.  I was having to check  with a sighted peroson,  somethimg
On the braille both sides. I should not have to  do that.

RNIB  could have supported me,  but they did  not.

I think  theyhave a clash  of interests  because theydo the
Braille work  for the bank.

Regards,  Derek