[BCAB] The difference between a router and a modem

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:54:13 GMT 2017

Hi Andrew

So far so good! (smile.)

The BT modem is in Martin's computer room where it began its life.  There
are four connections, one for Martin's desktop machine in that room, one
going downstairs, and two going to my computer room.  My desktop machine is
connected via one of these, and the NAS drive has pinched the other.  My
laptops, Sonata Plus etc are all wireless.  But it took over a day to
transfer about 1tb of music and other audio files from my desktop to the
NAS, and I actually had to leave it on overnight to get it across.  I
started thinking there had to be a quicker way in this day and age, but I
thought this list and you experts would be the best way to start.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace