[BCAB] The difference between a router and a modem

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Fri Feb 24 14:26:55 GMT 2017

Hi,

I suspect you are connecting at 100mpbs which is quite slow.  If you upgrade the router you could upgrade to one with 1gbps ports and that will make things a lot quicker.

I don't know whether all ports on the newest BT Home Hub are 1gbps, but if you don't want to go down that route or want to make yourself future proof for moving ISPs then you could go with another router with 1GBPs port like a Netgear or Draytek depending on your requirements.

Andrew.