[BCAB] Announcement: BCAB July events calendar

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 08:43:52 BST 2017

Hello Everyone

July is a busy month for BCAB, so here are the dates you need for your
calendar:

TeamTalk Events (members only)

Optical Character Recognition at the desk. . Wednesday 5th July 2017,
07:30PM.

In the first of a series of online events covering the use of cameras,
scanners and smartphones, the team will demonstrate and discuss a range of
desk-based solutions for reading text. These will include:
•dedicated scanning equipment such as the Readit Air and the Read Easy Move
2,
•software crafted for the visual-impairment market such as knfbReader for
Windows and DocuScan plus,
•mainstream OCr software (such as ABBYY FineReader and A9T9),
•and integrated OCR within screen readers and windows applications (such as
Screen capture, Chicken Nugget and various web-based tools).

The team will answer questions on the tools demonstrated, compare and
contrast products and prices, and be back soon with more dates to move onto
mobile and more portable scanning and reading systems.

This is a TeamTalk event. Look out for an email in your inboxes with a link
to join on the day.

This event is presented by Mobeen Iqbal, Jackie Brown, Andrew Hodgson and
Sean Randall.

BCAB Helpline (for everyone)

Telephone Helpline. Thursday 6th July 2017, 07:30PM.

Open to the general public, the BCAB telephone helpline is where you can go
for technology help or advice on computers, smartphones, tablets and so
forth, , with one of our expert trainers manning the system on the first
Thursday of each month from 7:30 to 9:00PM.

To call, for the cost of a local call or with the time taken from your
inclusive minutes, please dial: 0330, 6 0 6, 0520. Then, enter the access
code: 3 9 7, 0 6 4, followed by the hash key.

BCAB Newsletter And Podcast Reminder (articles are welcome from everyone)

The deadline for article contributions is 21 July, so if you have something
you would like me to include, do please let me have it before then.

BCAB Membership

Remember that if you want to become a member, it costs £10 per year, so head
www.bcab.org.uk
where you can create an account and become a member, and take a look at what
else is on the website.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown