[BCAB] Software for transferring photos to digital format

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 09:21:06 BST 2017

I have lots of photos carefully stored in albums that I would like to have
transferred to digital format so I can keep them on my backup drives.  I
have a Plustek Opticbook 3600 scanner, but wonder what software would be
best for this job.  Martin's niece, Shauna, has offered to do this for me,
so it isn't necessary that the software she uses has to be accessible
because she is fully sighted.  I have looked at sending the albums to a
company or shop that charges for the service but, as Shauna says, I could
run the risk of them getting lost.  These pictures are family snaps from
when my son was born, taking him to adulthood.  Although his dad and I can't
see them ourselves, we would still like to preserve them.

So is there anything that comes as standard on Windows that I could use, or
would I need to hunt for something that might fit the job?  Suggestions much
appreciated, with thanks.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com