[BCAB] Sound Editing: Skipping to Next Silence

David Reynolds david at dkreynolds.plus.com
Thu Jul 6 12:56:12 BST 2017

Pele,
This is a tricky one, because whilst you can hear when a silence comes, the
audio software would need to be trained to recognize what you'd define as
silence. If, for example, you'd recorded from a cassette, a silence would be
different from that which you'd get between tracks from a CD.
It would certainly be a good feature, but applications like MP3Cut also need
to be trained as to what constitutes silence,

David.