[BCAB] A different approach El Braille

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Jul 6 13:21:28 BST 2017

The L-Braille is, as many have already said, pretty poorly specified when it comes to computer power and future proofing.  What you are paying for is convenience.

If you are going to use parts that don't physically fit together you could make some serious financial savings and get a whole system for around £1500 or so including the display and either NVDA or JAWS as part of the sight village deal from 10th July onwards.

Though currently NVDA does not support grade 2 input, my understanding is that this is built into current snapshot releases and it's due either in the next release or the one after so hopefully that means this year sometime.

Cheers

Graham