[BCAB] reading outlook messages with NVDA

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Jul 6 15:42:39 BST 2017

Hi all.

I currently use JAWS for work, but I have been playing with NVDA quite a
lot.

I think NVDA could work well for home users but I have one really major
problem and wondered if there's a problem with my settings as no one else
seems to have mentioned this here.

I find that NVDA does not work well with many HTML emails.  A good recent
example is the Transport for London weekend changes email which works well
with jaws but with NVDA there are lots of table announcements, blank lines
and the like that make reading the email in outlook quite tricky.  I am
currently using Outlook 2010 and wondered if anyone else has had this
problem and if there's a solution?

Cheers

Graham