[BCAB] Lacy 4 TB external hard drive issue

Mr N CLARKE (priestley) n.clarke at priestley.bham.sch.uk
Fri Jul 14 07:37:33 BST 2017

Is the drive new or has it been used by another user in the past - If so they may have encrypted the drive and all you can see is the small open partition.

if this is the case trying to re-partition the drive may not work and if this is so can you contact the previous owner?

Alternately if the drive is new it may be asking you to set up encryption, in which case you might need to take care you do not inadvertently set up a password because the program has not echoed it back in an accessible manner.

Nick