[BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee

Clive Lever clive.lever1955 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:12:31 BST 2017

Hi Iain,

I'd be amazed if they did. They have had opportunities to make this happen,
but have always pooh-poohed the idea of adopting voice announcements when
tuning into DAB stations. They seem wedded to large print displays and to
Roberts. Client feedback is often sought, but I'm not convinced it counts
for much in a nanny-knows-best organisation. The problem with their approach
is that if it is seen that not even BWBF can produce an effective,
accessible DAB radio for people with no useful reading vision, it'll hardly
encourage other manufacturers to dip their toes into the water.

At least we can get decent access to internet radio via smartphones and the
like.

Best,
Clive

Best,