[BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 10:04:41 BST 2017


I use my GGMM E5 for portable listening, or my Google Home, or my Echo Dot.
I don't listen to much on the PC any more.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of john
gallagher
Sent: 20 July 2017 09:36
To: bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk
Subject: Re: [BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee

hi steve just replying again to the message about to get the train to do
some work in sheffield will try my sendero gps out again on the el-braille.
sorry i missed sight village would have liked to see the new windows tablet
computer. could you tell me which program you would use on a pc for
listening to the radio or do you use other ways of doing this like the
amazon echo or google home. i really hope to see this new device from bwfb
but it would not be for me. all the very best then hope that you had a very
good sight village. just wonder what price is the new tablet pc is it called
the in one cheers then. 

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Nutt  <steve at comproom.co.uk>
To: "'Bcab Discussion List'"  <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
Date: Thursday, 20 July 2017 8.59 am
Subject: Re: [BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee

>
>
> Hi John,
> 
> You are funny, you just defeated your own argument.  You said why 
> should we buy products especially for the blind, then said the 
> ElBraille is the best thing you bought.
> 
> Hey ho.
> 
> All the best
> 
> Steve
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces at lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of john 
> gallagher
> Sent: 19 July 2017 10.44
> To: bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee
> 
> hi all,
> surely the experts are on this list most of us could be the people to 
> say what would be a good device for a blind person. so much is out 
> there to do all this listening to the radio and the like its just 
> showing people how to use what's out there. why now do we need 
> products for the blind which cost a lot of money. my elBraille which 
> uses main stream for me is the best thing i have ever purchased.
> i think what dennis says is a very good point bringing out a very good 
> accessible dab radio could be the way to go but, because we're in such a
> very minority group this will never happen.   
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Iain Lackie  <iainlackie at gmail.com>
> To: BCAB Discussion List  <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Date: Wednesday, 19 July 2017 10.30 am
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] BWBF launches Bumblebee
> 
> >
> >
> > In my far from humble opinion, surely they should be doing something 
> > about the lack of a truly accessible DAB radio. will we ever see one?
> > 
> > 
> > Iain
> > 
> > 
> > On 19/07/2017 09.40, Jackie Brown wrote:
> > > I don't want to start bashing this as I haven't seen it.  But BWBF 
> > > (British Wireless for the Blind Fund) has launched a Samsung 
> > > tablet with locked proprietary software on it called Bumblebee.  
> > > Its yellow and black contrast with speech feedback allows you to 
> > > enter a number of applications to listen to radio stations, 
> > > podcasts, books, newspapers and other information.  It is only 
> > > available on loan to those
> who "meet the criteria."
> > >
> > > This to me sounds like another Synaptic product with layered 
> > > software over a Samsung tablet which cannot be unlocked.  I would 
> > > just
> ask these questions:
> > > who comes up with the research stats for these kind of products?  
> > > Are these kind of devices as popular as our organisations seem to 
> > > think?  Am I being too cynical?
> > >
> > > Kind regards,
> > >
> > > Jackie Brown
> > > Email: ,j;ackieannbrown62 at gmail.com Check out my website: 
> > > www.thebrownsplace.info Follow me on Twitter:
> > > @thebrownsplace Skype name: thejackmate
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > 
> > 
> > --
> > To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can 
> > bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage 
> > your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> > https://www.bcab.org.uk/user,m;ailman,r;egister
> > Access the publicly searchable list archives at: 
> > https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> > To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can 
> bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your 
> subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/userMailmanRegister
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> 
> 
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can 
> bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your 
> subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : 
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/userMailmanRegister
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: 
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
moderator at bcab.org.uk.

--
To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
moderator at bcab.org.uk.





More information about the Bcab mailing list