[BCAB] fitted accessible alarms

Clive Lever clive.lever1955 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:58:31 BST 2017

Hi Richard,

The point here is that they may well have an app which is perfectly
accessible to us, and they simply don't know it. I've heard this afternoon
that the main customer services guy at Fitted Home Alarms is going to get
the technicians at ViSonic to test the accessibility of their apps with
Voiceover, its Android equivalent, and so on. ViSonic is the firm who
manufacture the accessible alarm systems we're discussing. As for the
education thing, it's not just about telling companies what we need and
haven't got (like an accessible DAB radio), but also about letting them know
what already works, but currently works outside of their awareness. So, in
some cases it may be worth telling them that something they are already
selling is particularly good for people with certain impairments. In effect,
just giving them extra marketing angles for what they've already got.

Best,
Clive