[BCAB] rnib in your pocket direct debits

Iain Lackie iainlackie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:44:56 BST 2017

Don't hold your breath. I haven't had a magazine direct debit taken since last July. I cannot imagine any other business running like this.

Iain

On 21 Jul 2017, at 10:18 am, dennis huckle <muir1918 at gmail.com> wrote:

I have just spoken to rnib.

It appears that some direct debits have been returned because mandates
weren't set up properly by rnib who should initialise direct debits.

This doesn't mean there weren't funds in customers accounts but that your
banks weren't given full instructions to pay the direct debit.

I have said I will now hang on to in your pocket but am not prepared to pay
the 80 pounds that will be due in july as this is clearly an rnib error.

Anybody this has happened to should be aware of what has happened, that's
why I put this on list.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.