[BCAB] Braille devices in education

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:17:22 BST 2017

Hi Mike

Agreed, I can take in particularly manuals much better if I read rather than
listen to them.

Teaching a child to read and write Braille, along with typing, is surely
going to enhance their study, employment and other life skill prospects when
they become an adult.  And if it is at all possible, I think giving a child
the opportunity to learn Windows with Office applications as they mature
must surely help.  Sean would know this as he teaches, but what are students
given in class now these days?  Is it a Windows laptop with a Braille
display, or a dedicated note-taker with proprietary, outdated software?

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace