[BCAB] ElBraille First Impressions

jim taylor rolyat1 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 16:57:09 BST 2017

Matthew, I, a fellow Apex user, fully endorse what you say.   You
could, of course, have put your t h sign or t h e sign in quotes,
or written:  "T H sign, E A sign, T, R, E".   As for italics,
again you could resort to block capitals or asterisks.

You did not mention the usefulness of the Apex's portability.
Last night, in our choir rehearsal, we started work on three new
carols for our Christmas carol service.   While the choirmaster
was thumping out the bass parts on the piano, I was able to take
them down on the Apex (three cheers for Braille music!) and join
in to the best of my ability, even though nobody had thought to
email me the words of the carols.   Still, what's a few la la la
la la's between friends?   At least, I got the notes right,
thanks to the Apex.

Apart from its ancient software, the only trouble with HumanWare
is that not all the technicians have taken the trouble to learn
the rudiments of Braille, but then my Apex has served me well for
the past seven years and I wouldn't be without it, despite its
imperfections and inadequacies.

Warm regards,

Jim.