[BCAB] I've dealt with Sky

Kerry Fielding littlemisslovely1973 at me.com
Wed Jul 26 11:49:13 BST 2017

Hi Andrew.  Yes, I've been doing a bit of reading around the app and not
a lot of people are impressed with it at all.  I have a couple of
friends who are able to use it but apparently you can't do anything at
all including remote record if you aren't on Wifi. I don't know if I
will get a call from the media people tomorrow after their meeting but
if I do and they come back to me with a time frame I may well change my
mind.  I really don't want to leave Sky and do believe them to be the
best TV service but given right now I can't use Sky's app to watch
anything I record independently it sort of raises the point as to why I
bother having the service at all?  The stuff I'm recording is available
on free view and if there were an accessible inexpensive option, I dare
say I would have gone for that instead.  The thing that drives me batty
about all this is that they just kept saying that they provide the app
as a free service like we ought to be flaming grateful and therefore
shouldn't complain.  They are also under the misguided impression that
they are the only TV service to provide such an app which clearly is not
the case and i told them so.  They also keep blaming Apple and saying
the reason for the app breaking is the IOS10 which isn't quite true.  It
worked on IOS10 for me at least until March of this year when they
released an update.  They just kept telling me how they had to go
through each line of code and find out exactly what the problem is and
this takes time.  The point is that this is a large company with a
shedload of money and if people such as Blindfold RSS games can release
app updates to fix any IOS10 issues then why can't they? Am i
over-simplifying this?

Kerry