[BCAB] Facial Recognition

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Nov 16 16:12:36 GMT 2017

David, this is a serious limitation of Orcam which is probably due in large
part to it having no ability to go online.  Quite simply, it will be
overtaken by other products at a far more affordable price.  For me, the the
most impressive thing about Orcam really has been marketing and presentation
as well as a real desire to give people support and training in the use of
the product.  I would like to know how much of the price of Orcam is paid
for technical support and training and how much of it is the product itself
along with future upgrades.  I am not arguing that Orcam should be available
without training, but I do think sometimes when we consider the cost of a
product we forget about support costs.  Someone also has to think about
funding the cost of demonstrating a product if the person doesn't then buy.
Orcam looks ridiculously expensive to me at firstlook but it's only fair to
ask about the real costs of support.

Regards

Graham