[BCAB] Advice on Transferring Computers Please

Norman Octon normanoc at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:08:10 BST 2018

Hello,

I am getting a new PC tomorrow, and wondered what is a good way of
transferring programs, settings and data from old to new. There are a
number of paid-for solutions out there, but what is their provenance and
quality.

And what about connecting the PCs?  Do I need an A-to-A USB cable?

I do have a several-hundred-GB external drive, which no doubt can help
with data transfer.

Does Windows 10 have a "settings transfer" facility?

Sorry for all the questions, but I wasn't expecting the new machine for
another two weeks!

Rgds,

Norman O