[BCAB] access to my oil tank

Ben Mustill-Rose ben at benmr.com
Sat Mar 3 19:51:46 GMT 2018


If it's wireless then in theory someone should be able to figure out
the protocol and build an accessible version. It's a shame you're so
far away. Not much help I know.

On 3/3/18, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim
>
> I've sent you a link to check out in a separate Email.  It would be good to
> do it with an app or something if it is accessible?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jackie Brown
> Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
> Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info
> Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
> Skype name: thejackmate
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim McAuslan [mailto:jimmcauslan1 at gmail.com]
> Sent: 03 March 2018 16:44
> To: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] access to my oil tank
>
> Hi Jackie,
>
> Yes, looks like I'll have to resort to that method.  Fortunately there are
> plenty of folk round about who will gladly do the deed with a marked stick.
> I love living in a rural environment but you would think that in this
> technological age there would be a simple accessible solution.
> Oh for an independent life.
> Jim
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com>
> Sent: 03 March 2018 15:42
> To: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] access to my oil tank
>
> Hi Jim
>
> We also have oil, and there is no sure fire way of checking it properly.
> But since ours is an older tank, Martin can rap his knuckles on the side of
> it to hear the difference in sound.  Newer tanks have an inner tank which
> would make this method more difficult.  If he is still not sure, he will
> occasionally get his sister Bridget to dip the tank with a stick.  We also
> don't have piped gas, so it is often hard to know when our tank is running
> very low.
>
> Oh the joys of rural life, but I wouldn't swap it for anything.
> Kind regards,
>
> Jackie Brown
> Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
> Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Follow me on Twitter:
> @thebrownsplace Skype name: thejackmate
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim McAuslan [mailto:jimmcauslan1 at gmail.com]
> Sent: 03 March 2018 15:16
> To: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Subject: [BCAB] access to my oil tank
>
> Hi List,
>
> To cut a long story short, I've run out of heating oil for my house but I
> have a temporary back-up system.  I've run out of oil because I can't
> monitor it's useage.  I have an oil watchman which tells me how much is
> left
> in my tank but is no use to either me or my other half, we're both total.
>
> Is there an app or anything on the market that would give me access to my
> oil useage.
>
> Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
> Minds are like parachutes
> They work best when open
>
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/ Manage your subscription
> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>
>
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
>



More information about the Bcab mailing list