[BCAB] dictation with GBoard

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Wed Mar 7 11:51:01 GMT 2018

I have emailed them and got the following response back.  As far as I can
tell though, this relates to getting siri to work rather than GBoard.

Regards

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thank you for contacting the Google disability support team!

I am happy to assist you here. To start voice dictation in Gboard try
following the steps below:

1.	Enable voice dictation: Go to your Settings, then General then
keyboard. Navigate down in the keyboards option until you hear VoiceOver
saying "Enable Dictation". Make sure it is turned on.

2.	Now open Gboard on your phone wherever you wish to type. Once Gboard
opens up, swipe using VoiceOver until you hear "Dictate" button. You can
double tap on that button and start voice dictation.

Do let us know if the above steps don't work for you, we'll be happy to
assist you further.

Hope it helps! For additional accessibility related questions, please
continue to contact us at disability-support-external at google.com.

Thank you,

Sarah
Accessibility Product Support
disability-support-external at google.com
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST

Google loves to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to answer a couple
questions about your support experience to help us improve. Take Survey.