[BCAB] converting kindle books

Michael Cassidy mike.cassidy at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 8 10:31:52 GMT 2018

Hi Tom,

Codex works very well for converting Kindle books, providing, as Derry has pointed out, you use Kindle for PC V.1.19. However, if your latest version doesn’t work properly with Jaws or NVDA, you may find that Codex will convert. It’s all to do with the Enhanced Typeset that Amazon have introduced into their books.

Just to be sure, I’m not suggesting in any way that copyright be infringed in any way. I use the converter so that I can put books onto a Braille display without having to link up with another device.

Hth,

Mike