[BCAB] Home or Echo

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:35:45 GMT 2018

Hi Andrew

This is just personal preference, but I am sorely tempted to buy a pair of
Play1 or Play3 speakers and have those as surrounds, and remove the pair of
One speakers with Alexa service and put one in the kitchen and the other in
our bedroom.  If I did that, I could put the Amazon Echo back in the
living-room to control Sonos when I want to.  The reason I prefer it that
way is because I don't like the Alexa interaction with the TV when connected
as surround speakers.  When she hears anything she thinks relates to her
name, the TV seems to go off, and she wants to play a station instead.  That
drives me nuts when I'm watching a documentary or Pat Phelan's antics in
Corrie.  I think having an Echo works better that way than the built-in
service.  This is just my perspective though, you might prefer it the other
way round Andrew.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com