[BCAB] cleaning up contacts on IPhone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Thu Mar 8 14:22:07 GMT 2018

Hi all.

On my IPhone, I have about 3000 contacts.  Many of them are email addresses
and they come from a time when I used Outlook Express and added anyone I
replied to as a contact automatically.  Anyway, I need to go through my
contacts deleting anything I don't want.  I suspect the final list will be
no more than 500 contacts and probably a little less.

As far as I understand it, if I use voiceover on the phone I need to go into
each contact individually, double tap the edit button and then go to the end
of the contact information and find the Delete Contact button.  I would like
to be able to choose delete from an action menu for each contact or, even
better, select a number of contacts at once and delete them.  Does anyone
know of an app that will allow me to do this?  Also is there an app that
will help me remove duplicate contacts or at least choose which contact of
the duplicates I keep ?

Cheers

Graham