[BCAB] Home or Echo

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu Mar 8 14:52:19 GMT 2018

Hi,

To be honest I don't really know what I want from it just yet, but I want to go with something that has all the options with a particular service.  I was slightly disappointed to find that some of the services on Echo aren't available on Sonos, which is the same as we have on the GGME speakers.

Right now I have several Sonos speakers including a Playbar, a couple of Play:3 speakers in one room and a couple of Play:5s in another.  I may replace the Play:3s with the newer Play One speakers, but am looking at buying my own place in the future so will leave it until then I think so I can get the best possible speakers for the environment.

What I really wanted to use with the system is home automation, and there are pros and cons with each speaker type there as well.  For example the Google Home does have an automation hub built in, none of the Sonos speakers do.  Its all swings and roundabouts.

Andrew.