[BCAB] Home or Echo

J. Matharu jairaj.matharu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:49:20 GMT 2018

Hi all,

I've got good experience in installing and using both services, I've
personally gone down the Google Home route as it works best for the apps I
use. (Gmail, Android, Calendar etc)

Amazon's Alexa has been out longer and supports a few more services, but
Google have caught up quickly and now support pretty much everything out
there.
I use my GH Minis' for everything from listening to the radio/ podcasts,
asking about the weather to making calls (yes, you can make calls through
it now)
Its also a great coordinator for Home Automation; I use mine to control my
Hue lights, set my home alarm/cameras and change temperature using Nest.

Sonos and Bose are both close to releasing Google enabled speakers, I would
wait for these if you're in the market for a voice-enabled device.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Jairaj