[BCAB] NVDA query solved

David Griffith daj.griffith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:59:36 GMT 2018

If you mean the Windows  10 Essentials addon it is supposed to actually does  improve the accessibility of NVDA in working  with inbuilt Windows  apps like Mail, Calendar Store News Calculator etc.
For example the Microsoft Accessibility Team issued an advisory a couple of weeks ago that Jaws for the time being was on “red” status because it was not yet able to access the new accessibility hooks   built in the latest updates of the Windows 10 inbuilt apps.  In contrast NVDA users could already access these by installing the Windows 10 Essentials addon which should enable full access.
I did not save this MS mail but can try and root it out if it is necessary.
The other approach for Jaws users in the meantime is of course to use Narrator to fill in the access gap.

David Griffith
My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog