[BCAB] Roku streaming sticks now include a screen reader

Ben Mustill-Rose ben at benmr.com
Mon Mar 12 12:46:19 GMT 2018

Hi

I believe mine's slightly different; if it's the one I'm thinking of
the device they demod was using Flite for the TTS but mine had a
female voice when she was talking. Again, if it's the podcast I'm
thinking of I only got a few minutes in because it was so slow; I
don't know what's with people who incist on 15 minutes of preamble
before they get to the meat of the demo.

In terms of content it seems to have it all really; live TV, catchup
from all of the UK broadcasters, Youtube, Spotify and much much more.
No update on the screen reader though unfortunately.
The only slightly worrying thing is that Roku appear to have removed
any mention of accessibility from their website, so I'm not sure of
their plans for it moving forward.

Cheers,
Ben.