[BCAB] dictation with gboard on IPhone

Graham Page gpage at useit.plus.com
Tue Mar 13 16:56:01 GMT 2018

Hi all.

I'm replying to my own question a bit here.  Thanks to those who responded.
On the IPhone SE, it seems that Gboard no longer  works for dictation when
voiceover is running.    It does however  work on IPhones with 3d touch such
as the Iphone 6 + and upwards.   The accesibility  people at Google
acknowledged  this in an email and said they would escalate the problem  and
it was a real person who wrote this rather than an automated response so I
hope it get's dealt with in the next release.

Cheers

Graham