[BCAB] How to do an exclamation mark on a qwerty keyboard

Claire Potter claire.potter99 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:58:23 GMT 2018

Hi, yes I do have both the basic and advanced levels, still not as good
as Typability though, although they have helped me to learn the keyboard
they don't help with speed.

Sent from my lenovo thinkpad laptop

On 16/03/2018 11:31, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
> Hi Claire
>
> Although this does not work with any specific screen reader being a standalone self voicing typing tutor, I use Azabat Touch typing tutor with my clients which comes in both beginners and advanced edditions. The beginners edition teaches you the layout of the keyboard and has easy to follow lessons and exercises to learn the important keys such as the home row and orientation of your fingers whilst the advanced edition contains exercises which test your typing speed and accuracy. They both cost around about £40  and there is a bundle I believe which gives you both for slightly reduced price. Hope this helps.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 16 Mar 2018, at 10:34, Steve Nutt <steve at comproom.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Claire,
>>
>> Why not just put NVDA into key describer mode.
>>
>> Insert+1.
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> Steve

>>> bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce2fdb6f3a4754007fd6a08d58ab2b7ce%7C84
>>> df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636567422542802090&sdata=1m1Q
>>> 3ll%2FqlRsItQld7lXjX2hHhI%2FxcVKuJ6GUBS%2FWN8%3D&reserved=0
>>> at :
>>> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
>>> bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce2fdb6f3a4754007
>>> fd6a08d58ab2b7ce%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63656742
>>> 2542802090&sdata=qTjukr29n8qY1kX74JXhZKAuPW1nbs7hZnk36ESdRnc%3D&reserv
>>> ed=0 Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
>>> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flist
>>> s.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce2fdb6f3a4754007
>>> fd6a08d58ab2b7ce%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63656742
>>> 2542802090&sdata=DIRlXvRMeH7Am7TzLaDC%2BR64KLyvNBoVyyyOXC03qLE%3D&rese