[BCAB] Android security: Great on Oreo, but most phones are missing out | PCWorld

Iain Lackie iainlackie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:54:52 GMT 2018

To be fair to the writer of the article, he did say that whatever the situation is now, it should improve and that by this time next year more Android phones will be more secure. However, it cannot be denied that there must be millions of phones out there which for one reason or another are not running Oreo and which will not be as secure as phones which do. On a completely unscientific survey of one, I can say that my wife is still awaiting the arrival of Oreo on her S8. As with many articles of this kind, perhaps the truth is that the heading is designed to be more sensational that the article contents. I think Steve might be better hating the article title rather than its contents.

Iain