[BCAB] LOW OR NO COST TRAINING FOR PARTIALLY-SIGHTED PERSON IN LEEDS

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 09:11:03 GMT 2018

Hi,

I wonder if BCAB should be helping here?

BCAB could for example commission trainers to do training sessions over
Zoom, not at no cost, but certainly at low cost.

We do ourselves do training for £30.00 per hour remotely, so it really
depends Richard on what you or the person concerned considers to be low
cost.

We could in theory do group training over Zoom or Skype or TeamTalk, and
divide that.  Would people for example, be interested in training or even
tech surgeries, where they could ask any question they like and we could
address it immediately?  Such training could possibly cost a tenner for each
participant, but I certainly couldn't do it for nothing, since I have to pay
for Zoom, and presumably, BCAB would too.

But we have a lot of expertise in BCAB and some people maybe, who don't do
it for a living, but might want to volunteer an hour or two.  Maybe BCAB
could do something like this?

I know IT For All used to be one of the things BCAB did, but you don't hear
of it much now.

Just some rambling thoughts.