[BCAB] If Interested: kindle pc shortcuts

David Griffith daj.griffith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:45:45 GMT 2018

Dear Panagiotis
Well the good news is that I have by experimenting discovered a way of establishing your current location in a Kindle book using the PC app.
It is not ideal and is a bit of a workaround but is essentially doable
The following instructions work for  Kindle with Accessibility Plugin
I have the setup file for this if required.
For this I was using NVDA on Windows 10.
I recommend  that you have a word or notepad window open before you start this process.
First of all find the page you want to reference in the Kindle PC application.
Now go to the Go menu and from there select Table of Contents.
Now tab down this dialogue until you hear Bookmark check box not checked.
Pressing space on this checkbox here will cause the message bookmark inserted at such and such location to be announced.
Pressing space again will cause the message bookmark removed and again location information will be announced.
This may be useful if you did not catch the location number properly first time and need to have it repeated. Every time you press space the location will be announced as the bhookmark is inserted and then removed.
Now alt ;tab immediately to Notepad or Word and type in the location information which has been announced and you have recorded your location reference point.
Append some notes to the reference information to this number so it makes sense.
Continue referencing as you work through the book by adding / removing further bookmarks.
Finally Save the text or word file for inclusion in formal referencing.
David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog