[BCAB] Using ITV Hub with Audio Description on Amazon Fire HD

Kerry Fielding littlemisslovely1973 at me.com
Thu Mar 22 15:15:38 GMT 2018

Hi.  Okay.  I think I've figured out what's going on here and if I'm
right, Frankly who are the BBC to tell me what I should and shouldn't
watch?  I can replicate Jackie's claim that multiple episodes have AD
but I can also replicate mine and others' claims that only the most
recent is described.

It seems that so long as you only want to watch what is on the audio
described menu then everything will have AD but if you go and watch one
program and try to access other episode from the more episodes in this
program portion they will not have AD.

Apparently the BBC must be taking some sort of gamble on what people are
going to want to watch and therefore leaving multiple episodes of East
Enders up there but only the last one of holby. There are also multiple
episodes of Master Chef and the Assassination of Gianni Versace which
also have AD.  Presumably the programs that have multiple episodes with
AD are those that are running for one season with a break.  The
exception here is EastEnders of course.

It makes no sense but what it does prove I think is that what we have on
AD on our portable devices is down to someone's choice at the Beeb.

Kerry