[BCAB] IPhone question - time announcements

Clive Lever clive.lever1955 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 20:34:04 BST 2019


Hi Ian,

Thanks for your response, but I'm a bit puzzled by it, as it was set to one minute when it was speaking the tgime (1.23pm, 1.24pm" and so on. I set it to never and so far Daniel has shut up. (smile)

Best,
Clive


-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Macrae [mailto:ian.macrae1 at sky.com] 
Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 6:11 PM
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: Re: [BCAB] IPhone question - time announcements

Setting it to never may be your problem Clive as this means that autolock will never be engaged. So set it to 1 minute or less if you can. Mine is set by default to 20 seconds. 
Ian Macrae

ian.macrae1 at sky.com



> On 2 Jun 2019, at 17:07, Clive Lever <clive.lever1955 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi Ian,
> 
> I hope this works. One Minute was checked. I had buttons to set it to 1/2/3/4/5 minutes or 'never'. I set to 'Never', not having seen anything to indicate that I could turn auto-lock on/off any other way. Of course, I may be missing something obvious, but I'll see what happens.
> 
> Best,Clive
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ian Macrae [mailto:ian.macrae1 at sky.com] 
> Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:52 PM
> To: BCAB Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] IPhone question - time announcements
> 
> Hi Clive, it sounds a bit as though you’ve got focus locked on to the clock, perhaps in locked screen. You could try going into settings/display & brightness and checking whether the autolock is turned on and what length of time it is set to. Once autolock is engaged the clock becomes invisible and VO will no longer read it. 
> 
> Hope that works.
> Ian Macrae
> 
> ian.macrae1 at sky.com
> 
> 
> 
>> On 2 Jun 2019, at 13:38, Clive Lever <clive.lever1955 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> How do I stop my IPhone from speaking the time at the turn of every minut.
>> It's getting on my nerves and running the battery down, and I can't find
>> anything in the clock app which might shut it up!
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> Clive
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
>> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
>> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
>> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> 
> -- 
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> 
> -- 
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.


-- 
To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://www.bcab.org.uk/
Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://www.bcab.org.uk/user_mailman_register
Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://lists.bcab.org.uk/pipermail/bcab/
To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.




More information about the Bcab mailing list