[BCAB] Make Tax Digital

mike at plpi.co.uk mike at plpi.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 08:17:22 BST 2019

Hi Listers,  Further to my earlier enquiry.  After a lot of searching the
wed, and with sighted help I have been able to find 6 sites that HMRC
recommend as compatible software for blind people and "Makeind Tax Digital"
for VAT Returns.  They are -
Advanced Computer,
BARCODEX,
Cirrostratus,
Johnston Smillie,
Open Answers,
Zoho.
Does anybody use any of these ?  I telephoned Quick Books, they tell me they
are not compatible for blind people or screen readers.
It is not possible to get in touch with the Making Tax Digital Team direct
except by letter.  You just get refered to the web if you ask the General
Government Help Line, So much for making things available to blind people !
Best wishes,
Mike