[BCAB] Anyone tried HEOS Link

tim.pennick at btinternet.com tim.pennick at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 4 22:49:44 BST 2019

Hi All,

Since purchasing my Denon AVRX2300W a couple of years ago, I've been just
about managing to stream music from my NAS drive to the Denon controlled by
the Denon AVR remote app on my iPhone.  I've also had limited success with
VLC player app.  Today I came across reference to the HEOS (That's H E O S)
app which can be used to control devices which support the Home
Entertainment OS system.  My device is not one favoured by this
functionality, but I also came across a device called HEOS Link, which
claims to be the interface I need to HEOS enable my Denon AVR.  The HEOS app
looks surprisingly accessible to judge by the setup screens, and I wondered
if anyone has experience either of the use of the HEOS app, or HEOS link,
who could give some idea of how accessible this is.

Regards and thanks for any thoughts,

Tim