[BCAB] Anyone tried HEOS Link

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Tue Jun 4 23:12:48 BST 2019

Hi,

My parents have a Denon anp which has HEOS integrated and I set it up for them over Christmas.  It was fairly straightforward, and I set it up with Alexa so it was a speaker you could play from.  I don't think they use it much now, and I think they may have an issue where Alexa can't turn on the unit all the time (it can do this sometimes).  I haven't worked out why this is, but I have only been back a couple of times since then for a day or so.

They did already use the Denon remote app and I am not completely sure of the difference between that and HEOS but Alexa can only control HEOS.  It does have all the services you would expect like Tune In, Spotify etc.

Andrew.