[BCAB] PhD research - online survey on nature-based learning for people with visual impairments

Maryam Bandukda maryambandukda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:07:48 BST 2019

Hello,

I'm a second year PhD student at UCL Interaction Centre researching how
technology can facilitate nature-based learning for people with visual
impairments. The aim of my research is to design inclusive technologies for
enhancing understanding of the natural environment for visitors with visual
impairments through situational learning. To this end, I'm seeking
participants for an online survey exploring the experience, motivations,
and barriers people with VI experience when visiting outdoor natural
environments such as parks, woodlands, and other open green spaces. The
survey also investigates the use of technology  The findings from which
will be used to refine the scope of my research and design of further
research activities. Here is the questionnaire link
https://uclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gJJ4wcDRtZEcIZ. I have tried
to make the survey accessible and have tested it with VoiceOver but if
there are any accessibility issues, please let me know by replying to this
email or text on 07411966400. I look forward to your participation in the
survey and please do share any feedback or any suggestions about my
research in general. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Maryam