[BCAB] Braille Sense: Connecting to EE Wireless Router

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Tue Jun 11 12:23:45 BST 2019

Hi,

Its a shared 10GB leased line that runs to the building itself.  There are then ethernet runs that send the network to each flat, where it terminates in a single network socket that the router plugs into.  I have tried another router and it works fine, using DHCP to get IPV4 and IPV6 addresses.  They do VOIP services as well but I don't subscribe to that.  The company is called HyperOptic, www.hyperoptic.co.uk.  I don't think they do much outside London, and if I saw their website without having first hand experience of the service I wouldn't be impressed.  I pay around £26 per month for the 150MBPS service, I can get up to 1GBPS if I paid more.

Andrew.