[BCAB] Braille Sense: Connecting to EE Wireless Router

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Tue Jun 11 12:47:07 BST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I don't think you are seeing the same issue then though it may be worth trying to change the wireless channel.  As Steve says you could go into the router and change the 2.4 GHZ network so it is on a different wireless name, but honestly I don't think that is the issue.  Mike has the same issue as what you are seeing, where the network is being picked up but you can't connect.  Have you tried contacting Sight and Sound themselves about this as they may know exactly what is causing this.

If I were in your situation i would try the following on the router:

- Change the wireless channel (if on auto or 11).  Set it to either 1 or 6.
- If 2.4 and 5GHZ networks are broadcasting using the same name, change the name of the 2.4 GHZ network so it is different.  You should then see 2 networks being broadcast, but the BrailleSense will only pick up the 2.4 GHZ network.

Manually configuring the connection is not going to help in this situation.

If you mess up you can factory reset the router and it will go back to the correct settings again.

Thanks.
Andrew.